Epi Info™ User Guide
- Microsoft Windows XP or above
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or above
- Recommended – 1 GHz processor
- Recommended – 256 MB RAM
Epi Info™ 7 may be downloaded in two different formats: As a “zip” or a “setup” file. The following explains what scenarios may be best suited for each format.
ZIP (.zip file) Installation
- Can be downloaded to most user desktops and run without requiring administrative or elevated privileges.
- Can be extracted to and run from any folder on which the user has read/write/execute privileges (including thumb drives).
- Assumes that the machine already has Microsoft .NET 4.0 and other prerequisites installed.
- Recommended for disconnected laptops and other emergency use if IT support or infrastructure is unavailable.
Setup Installation (.msi file)
- Traditional setup mechanism that deploys Epi Info™ 7 to the location required by IT policy.
- Allows network administrators to centrally manage and push Epi Info™ 7, including updates and patches, to users using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Ensures that the machine’s configuration matches the software’s minimum requirements.
- Pre-compiles and registers Epi Info™ 7 components on the machine which enables certain components to run faster.
- Requires administrative or elevated privileges during installation.
- Recommended for centrally managed IT environments.
Page last reviewed: September 16, 2021