Check Code: Customizing the Data Entry Process
Proper Check Code Syntax
Using the proper check code syntax is important based on the field type.
Here are some examples of the proper syntax to use based on the field type:
- Assign the “Age” field (numeric field type) the value 24
- ASSIGN Age = 24
- Assign the ‘Ill’ field (Yes/No field type) the value No
- ASSIGN Ill = (-)
- Assign the ‘AteChicken’ field (checkbox field type) the value Yes
- ASSIGN AteChicken = (+)
- Assign the ‘DateOfInterview’ field (Date field type) the value 5/5/2012
- ASSIGN DateOfInterview = 5/5/2012
- Assign the ‘CaseStatus’ field (legal values field type) the value “Confirmed”
- ASSIGN CaseStatus = “Confirmed”
- Assign the ‘Gender’ field (Comment Legal field) the value “F”. The field is coded as M-Male, F-Female.
- ASSIGN Gender = “F”