- The Manual section presents a complete version of the Birth Defects Surveillance: A Manual for programme Managers in an online format. This section includes links to more information about surveillance of birth defects. View the navigation bar to see a list of chapter sections.
- The Photo Atlas includes photographs and relevant classification codes of birth defects. Learn more about using the Photo Atlas below to view tables and figures that are not showing.
- The Facilitator’s Guide provides training guidance to provide participants with the foundational skills needed to begin the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of a congenital anomalies surveillance programme.
- The Resource Library includes:
- At the top and bottom of each page, there are links that take you to the next and previous sections. For example, if you are viewing section 1.2, you can select the 1.3 link to go to the next section in the manual, or you could return back to the previous section by clicking on the 1.1 link.
- For each chapter, there is a Chapter Summary page describing the chapter and featuring videos and other resources that correspond with the chapter’s information.
This website was designed to change sizes based on the screen size of your computer desktop or mobile device.
To view a larger screen size:
You can change the overall size of the manual on your computer screen by adjusting the size of the window where the website is being shown.
To view figures that are not showing:
If you see a header without a figure below it, click on the header to make the figure appear. If you click on the header again, it will make the image disappear. View how this works by clicking on the header below:
The Photo Atlas, Facilitator’s Guide and Chapter 4 of the Manual are the main places on the website where you can open and close figures.
To view tables and figures at a larger size:
You can see more detail in figures and tables by clicking or tapping on the figure or table and the image will appear at a larger size.
To view tables and figures from a mobile device:
If you are using a mobile device and a table or figure is not showing, you can tap on the arrow icon to open the figure or table in a new window. You can return to the previous screen by using the back arrow.