National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network is the nation’s most widely used healthcare-associated infection tracking system. NHSN provides facilities, states, regions, and the nation with data needed to identify problem areas, measure progress of prevention efforts, and ultimately eliminate healthcare-associated infections.
In addition, NHSN allows healthcare facilities to track blood safety errors and important healthcare process measures such as healthcare personnel influenza vaccine status and infection control adherence rates.
- Biovigilance Component Protocol April 2018 pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Healthcare Personnel Safety Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Long-term Care Facility Manual 2019 pdf icon[PDF – 4 MB]
- 2020 NHSN Patient Safety Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 6 MB]
- 2019 NHSN Patient Safety Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 6 MB]