Coronavirus Disease – 2019 (COVID-19) Reports
Hospital COVID-19 Data Reports are based on data collected from NHSN’s Hospital COVID-19 Module between April – July 2020, and an assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on HAIs and/or other patient safety topics.
Long-term Care Facility COVID-19 Data Reports are based on data collected from NHSN’s LTCF COVID-19 Module.
- Impact of COVID-19 on HAIs in 2020: A summary of data reported to NHSNexternal icon
Presents a comparison between 2019 and 2020 national and state quarterly standardized infection ratios (SIRs) for CLABSI, CAUTI, VAE, SSI, MRSA bacteremia LabID, and CDI LabID from acute care hospitals. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2021.
- COVID-19 Impact on HAIs in 2020 globe icon [Web Page]
- Supplemental Data:
- Figure 1: Changes in the 2020 national HAI SIRs compared to 2019 pdf icon[PDF – 300 KB]
- Changes in the national device-associated HAI SIRs, by location type, 2020 vs. 2019 excel icon[XLS – 34 KB]
- Quarterly SIR comparisons for each HAI type, by state, 2020 vs. 2019 excel icon[XLS – 228 KB]
- U.S. Maps: The Impact of COVID-19 on HAI Incidence, by State pdf icon[PDF – 400 KB]
- Hospital capacities and shortages of healthcare resources among US hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic, March – July 2020external icon
Summarizes hospital capacities and shortages of healthcare personnel and supply among US hospitals during the early phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2021.
- Changes in the number of ICU beds in US hospitals during the early months of the COVID-19 pandemicexternal icon
Summarizes the impact of COVID-19 on ICU capacities in the US by comparing the number of ICU beds reported to NHSN daily, between April – July 2020, to the ICU bed sizes reported on the 2019 NHSN annual surveys. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2021; 1-12.
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on CLABSIs during the early months of 2020, NHSNexternal icon
Details a descriptive analysis of central-line–associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs) in acute-care hospitals to determine potential impact of COVID-19 on standardized infection ratio (SIR). Data reported to NHSN in Q2 2020 was compared to Q2 2019. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, 2021; 1-4.
- Impact of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) on US Hospitals and Patients, April–July 2020external icon
Describes development of time series estimates from data reported to NHSN from April 1 – July 14, 2020 to allow near–real-time daily national and state indicators of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2021; 1-8.
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- Rates of COVID-19 Among Residents and Staff Members in Nursing Homes – May 25 – November 22, 2020.external icon
- Early COVID-19 First-Dose Vaccination Coverage Among Residents and Staff Members of Skilled Nursing Facilities Participating in the Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program – December 2020 – January 2021.external icon
- Ecological Analysis of the Decline in Incidence Rates of COVID-19 among Nursing Home Residents Associated with Vaccination – December 2020 – January 2021.external icon