Change NHSN Facility Administrator
When the NHSN Facility Administrator role needs to be reassigned, the current Facility Administrator should follow the steps below to ensure that the role is properly reassigned to an additional facility user. Furthermore, facility users that no longer require access to NHSN can be deactivated by following the steps below. This process can be completed by any user with administrative rights.
Reassigning the NHSN Facility Administrator Role
- From the left navigation bar, you will select Facility > Facility Info.
- From the Edit Facility Information screen, go to the Contact Information sections.
- Find “Facility Administrator” on the list and click the “reassign” button on the far right of the screen. You will be asked to find and select an existing user who will be reassigned this role. NOTE: The existing user must be assigned as a user with administrative rights. Once selected, remember to save the updated information on the Edit Facility Information page.
- Note: Users cannot be deleted once added to NHSN.
- Select USERS on the left navigation bar, select FIND, and FIND again on the bottom of the screen. Select the user’s profile, go to EDIT, at the USER ACTIVE drop down, toggle to YES/NO>SAVE.
If the current NHSN Facility Administrator is no longer available, the incoming NHSN Facility Administrator should complete the form below to request the change in the absence of the current NHSN Facility Administrator.
Please contact NHSN@cdc.gov for additional support.
Important Reminders for NHSN Facility Administrator
- The NHSN Primary Facility Contact information must be updated in the NHSN application if the listed contact is no longer active at the facility.
- NHSN users who are no longer active at the facility must be deactivated in the NHSN application to avoid unauthorized access to the facility data.
Please allow up to 5 business days for the change request to be verified and completed.
NHSN Email: NHSN@cdc.gov
Assurance of Confidentiality: The voluntarily provided information obtained in this surveillance system that would permit identification of any individual or institution is collected with a guarantee that it will be held in strict confidence, will be used only for the purposes stated, and will not otherwise be disclosed or released without the consent of the individual, or the institution in accordance with Sections 304, 306 and 308(d) of the Public Health Service Act (42 USC 242b, 242k, and 242m(d)).Public reporting burden of this collection of information is estimated to average less than 5 minutes per response, including the time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden to CDC, Reports Clearance Officer, 1600 Clifton Rd., MS D-74, Atlanta, GA 30333, ATTN: PRA (0920-0666).