State Veterans Homes COVID-19 Tool
The NHSN Long-term Care Facility Component supports the nation’s COVID-19 response through the LTCF COVID-19 Module. Facilities eligible to report data to NHSN’s COVID-19 Module include nursing homes/skilled nursing, long-term care for the developmentally disabled, and assisted living. In response to H.R. 7105 – Veterans Healthcare and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020, NHSN created a surveillance tool to enable mandated reporting of resident and staff-level data to NHSN and the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).
As part of CDC’s ongoing COVID-19 response, the State Veterans Homes COVID-19 Tool is designed to help long-term care facilities (LTCFs) track and monitor residents and staff who test-positive for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2). LTCFs eligible to report data include State Veterans Homes (SVHs) providing nursing home (LTC-SVHSNF) and domiciliary care (LTC-SVHALF).
Data Collection Forms and Instructions
All Data Collection Forms are Print-only
Resident COVID-19 Events
- Resident COVID-19 Event Form (57.159) pdf icon[PDF – 80 KB] – May 2021
Staff and Personnel COVID-19 Events
- How to Edit an Email Address in SAMS and the NHSN Facilitypdf icon[PDF – 405 KB] – December 4, 2020
- How to Change LTC Facility Type pdf icon[PDF – 300 KB] – May 27, 2021
- How to Add a User in NHSN pdf icon[PDF – 800 KB] – October 5, 2020
- How to Re-assign NHSN Facility Administrator pdf icon[PDF – 500 KB] – October 5, 2020