NHSN Group Users
View resources for group users here.
The person designated as the NHSN Facility Administrator is the only person who can enroll a facility in NHSN or reassign the role of Facility Administrator. This person will also have the ability to confer rights to groups, that is, entities with which your hospital wants to share some/all of its data (e.g., state or county health department, corporate headquarters). For facilities participating in more than one NHSN Component, the NHSN Facility Administrator should be a person with authority across the involved departments.
NHSN User Resources
- NEW! NHSN Group Function for Antimicrobial Use and Resistance (AUR) [PDF – 5 MB]
- How to Generate Participation Alerts Data Set (Group Users) [PDF – 400 KB]
- How to develop and conduct analysis on subgroups of facilities using the Preferences function [PDF – 300 KB]
- How to access and use the Line Listing – Membership Rights report to determine the rights that each facility has conferred to a Group [PDF – 250 KB]
- NHSN Group Analysis: Focus on Participation Alerts Report and Defining Group Rights Template – November 2019 [PDF – 3 MB]
- NHSN Analysis: The Group’s Experience – September 2017 [PDF – 9 MB]
- Using Plan Line List for QIO Group Users [PDF – 543K]
- Group User’s Guide to the “Line Listing – Participation Alerts” Output Option [PDF – 372K]