NHSN Group Users
View resources for group users here.
The person designated as the NHSN Facility Administrator is the only person who can enroll a facility in NHSN or reassign the role of Facility Administrator. This person will also have the ability to confer rights to groups, that is, entities with which your hospital wants to share some/all of its data (e.g., state or county health department, corporate headquarters). For facilities participating in more than one NHSN Component, the NHSN Facility Administrator should be a person with authority across the involved departments.
NHSN User Resources
- Guide to Creating a Group in NHSN 2017 pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Guide to Joining a Group in NHSN 2017 pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Guide to Setting Up the Confer Rights Template – Patient Safety Component November 2019 pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- CDC Guidance Regarding Use of Data by NHSN Groups, April 2019 pdf icon[PDF – 120 KB]
- New! NHSN Group Analysis: Focus on Participation Alerts Report and Defining Group Rights Template – November 2019 pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]
- NHSN Analysis: The Group’s Experience – September 2017 pdf icon[PDF – 9 MB]
- Using Plan Line List for QIO Group Users pdf icon[PDF – 543K]
- Group User’s Guide to the “Line Listing – Participation Alerts” Output Option pdf icon[PDF – 372K]