National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network is the nation’s most widely used healthcare-associated infection tracking system. NHSN provides facilities, states, regions, and the nation with data needed to identify problem areas, measure progress of prevention efforts, and ultimately eliminate healthcare-associated infections.
In addition, NHSN allows healthcare facilities to track blood safety errors and important healthcare process measures such as healthcare personnel influenza vaccine status and infection control adherence rates.
COVID-19 Data Dashboard and resources for reporting into the LTCF and Dialysis COVID-19 Modules
Healthcare Personnel and Resident Weekly Reporting
New measure and dashboard available now
CDC and CMS Issue Joint Reminder on NHSN Reporting
New Data Tools
Some progress, but more work is needed
- Biovigilance Component Protocol April 2018 pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Healthcare Personnel Safety Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Long-term Care Facility Manual 2020 pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]
- 2021 NHSN Patient Safety Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 8 MB]
- 2020 Patient Safety Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 6 MB]
- 2021 Outpatient Procedure Component Manual pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]