Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) is a Health Level 7 (HL7) standard that provides a framework for the encoding, formatting and semantics of electronic documents. CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) supports CDA import of certain healthcare-associated infection (HAI) data. To assist programmers in creating standards for reporting via CDA import, NHSN offers an Implementation Guide and associated materials based fully on HL7-balloted CDA document specifications. Types of data that can be reported include event reports, denominator data, and process-of-care measures.
- What import/export type to select for a CDA or CSV file import?
- I don’t see the option available to import my CDA files on the Import/Export screen in NHSN.
- Could not find NHSN organization by OID in the CDA error report.
- CDA is not accepted for event dates greater than or less than a specific year.
- What are the requirements for CDA files?
- I am not able to import CDAs or see any error reports in Internet Explorer.
- Page last reviewed: September 18, 2015
- Page last updated: December 6, 2017
- Content source: