Implementation Toolkits & Resources
Updated January 26, 2023
CDA import files are created based on the NHSN HAI Implementation Guides (IG). Due to NHSN protocol changes, CDA imports for specific events and summary reports are required to be created per specific IG versions for specific year(s).
The CDA contains required template identifiers, specific vocabulary, specific constraints, etc., that are detailed in the IG. The creation of CDA is more complicated than the creation of CSV files and is usually mediated by an infection control software system that packages the data into the correct format.
Listed below are the most recent IG and supplemental documents that you will need to reference for CDA creation. Please review the Guide to CDA versions to determine which IG you will need for specific events and summary reports.
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AR) ToolKit [ZIP – 6 MB] (Print only content)
- Antimicrobial Use (AU) ToolKit [ZIP – 3 MB] (Print only content)
- CDA 9.5 & 10.0 Guides [ZIP – 31 MB] (Print only content)
- IDM 9.5 & 10.0 for Vendors [XLS – 4 MB]
- CDA Impact Notes 9.5 & 10.0 [XLS – 34 KB]
- Supplemental Documents 9.5 & 10.0 [ZIP – 132 KB] (Print only content)
- CDA 9.4 Guides [ZIP – 24 MB] (Print only content)
- IDM 9.4 for Vendors [XLS – 2 MB]
- CDA 9.3 & 9.4 Impact Notes [XLS – 100 KB]
- Supplemental Documents 9.4 [ZIP – 1 MB] (Print only content)
- CDA 9.2 Guides [ZIP – 17 MB] (Print only content)
- IDM 9.2 for Vendors [XLS – 2 MB]
- CDA 9.2 Impact Notes [XLS – 34 KB]
- Supplemental Documents 9.2 [ZIP – 407 KB] (Print only content)
- CDA 8.8 Guides [ZIP – 15M] (Print only content)
- IDM 8.8 for Vendors [ZIP – 2 MB]
- CDA 8.8 Impact Notes [XLS – 20 KB]
- Samples & Forms 8.8 [ZIP – 459 KB] (Print only content)
Implementers can also use the HL7 GitHub website to get the most up to date IG Guides.
- XML and Related files (Schematron, samples, stylesheet) are housed on the HL7 GitHub site.
- The latest CDA Schema is located on the HL7 GitHub site.
Protocols, Forms & Training Links
Refer to links below to access specific information for each type of enrolled facility.