Check out CDC’s fact sheets, graphics, podcasts, and commentaries to learn more about fungal diseases and share our resources.
Fact sheets and posters
- CDC and Fungal Diseases: Why Are Fungal Diseases a Public Health Problem? pdf icon[PDF – 1 page]
- Candida auris: A Drug-Resistant Germ That Spreads in Healthcare Facilities [PDF – 1 page]
- Drug-Resistant Candida Species pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages]
- Drug-Resistant Candida auris pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages]
- Valley Fever and the Expanding Geographic Range of Coccidioides pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages]
- Facts About Valley Fever pdf icon[PDF – 1 page]
- Cryptococcal meningitis: A Deadly Fungal Disease Among People Living With HIV/AIDS pdf icon[PDF – 1 page]
- Ringworm Poster: Protect Yourself From Itchy Rashes pdf icon[PDF – 1 page]
Social media graphics
- Think Fungus: Fungal Disease Awareness (2020)
Dr. Tom Chiller, chief of the Mycotic Diseases Branch, discusses the importance of increasing awareness about the risk of fungal infections, including of symptoms of these infections.
- Cryptococcus gattii in the Southeastern U.S. (2019)
Dr. Shawn Lockhart, a lead research microbiologist at CDC, discusses the history of the fungus Cryptococcus gattii in the southeastern United States.
- Candida auris in New York Healthcare Facilities (2018)
Dr. Eleanor Adams, a public health physician with the New York Metropolitan Region Healthcare Epidemiology & Infection Control Program, discusses an outbreak of fungal infection in healthcare facilities in New York City.
- Enhanced Surveillance for Coccidioidomycosis (2018)
Kaitlin Benedict, a CDC epidemiologist, discusses Coccidioides and Valley fever.
- Antibiotic Resistance and Fungus (2017)
Dr. David Denning, President of the Global Action Fund for Fungal Infections and an infectious diseases clinician, discusses antimicrobial resistance and fungus.
- Breathing Valley Fever (2014)
Dr. Duc Vugia, chief of the Infectious Diseases Branch in the California Department of Public Health, discusses Valley fever.
- Fungal Infections – 10 Questions to Protect Your Health
- Valley Fever Awareness [English [Español]
- Histoplasmosis: Be Safe Around Bird or Bat Poop!
- For more information about indoor mold, including cleanup and remediation recommendations, please visit CDC’s mold website.
- Some fungal diseases are associated with healthcare settings like hospitals and nursing homes. For more information, please see CDC’s Healthcare-associated Infections website.
- Fungal diseases are a particular problem in people living with HIV/AIDS. For more information, see CDC’s HIV/AIDS website.
- Fungal diseases like ringworm can spread between animals and humans. CDC’s Healthy Pets Healthy People website has more information about pets and germs that can make people sick.
Page last reviewed: November 13, 2019