More C. gattii Infection Resources
- Emergence of Cryptococcus gattii—Pacific Northwest, 2004–2010. MMWR 2010;59:865-868.
- Cryptococcus gattii in the Southeastern U.S. (2019)
Dr. Shawn Lockhart, a lead research microbiologist at CDC, discusses the history of the fungus Cryptococcus gattii in the southeastern United States.
- Think Fungus (2013)
Dr. Mary Brandt, the Mycotic Diseases Branch chief, discusses the impact of fungal infections.
- Spread of Rare Fungus from Vancouver Island (2006)
Cryptococcus gattii, a rare fungus normally found in the tropics, has infected people and animals on Vancouver Island, Canada. Dr. David Warnock discusses public health concerns about further spread of this organism.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America – Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Cryptococcal DiseaseCdc-pdf[PDF – 32 pages]External
- Washington State Department of Health – CryptococcosisExternal
- Oregon Health Authority – Cryptococcosis Cdc-pdf[PDF – 3 pages]External
- California Department of Public Health – Cryptococcus gattii (C. gattii)External
- British Columbia Centre for Disease Control – Cryptococcus gattiiExternal
Page last reviewed: December 16, 2015