Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Job Aids
CDC’s Mycotic Diseases Branch has a Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments (CLIA)-certified reference laboratory that serves state and local public health jurisdictions and is one of the leading health agencies in fungal identification and susceptibility testing. This web page includes our lab’s protocols (SOPs and job aids) for fungal diagnostics and testing.
These protocols are:
- Examples of successful methodologies that can be adapted to a laboratory’s conditions (each protocol should be independently validated by the end user’s laboratory).
- Not intended to be a comprehensive list of available methodologies.
- In accordance with any existing recommendations contained in Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) standards.
SOPs and Job Aids
- C. auris Colonization Screening Using Culture | PDF [PDF – 8 pages]
- Real-Time PCR Based Identification of Candida Auris | PDF [PDF – 11 pages]
- Screening for triazole-resistant Aspergillus fumigatus using agar plates
- Identification of yeasts using MALDI-TOF
- Antifungal susceptibility testing yeasts using gradient diffusion strips
- Preserving yeast and mold isolates