More Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis) Resources
- Coccidioidomycosis Outbreak Among Workers Constructing a Solar Power Farm — Monterey County, California, 2016–2017. MMWR. 2018; 67:931–934
- Notes from the Field: Increase in Coccidioidomycosis – California, 2016. MMWR. 2017;66:833-4.
- Notes from the Field: Coccidioides immitis Identified in Soil Outside of Its Known Range — Washington, 2013. MMWR 2014;63:450.
- Coccidioidomycosis Among Cast and Crew Members at an Outdoor Television Filming Event—California, 2012. MMWR 2014;63:321-324.
- Increase in Reported Coccidioidomycosis—United States, 1998–2011. MMWR 2013;62:217-21.
- Increase in Coccidioidomycosis—California. MMWR 2009;58:105-9.
- Increase in Coccidioidomycosis—Arizona. MMWR 2003;52:109-12.
- Coccidioidomycosis among persons attending the world championship of model airplane flying—Kern County, California, October 2001. MMWR 2001;50:1106-7.
- Coccidioidomycosis in workers at an archeologic site—Dinosaur National Monument, Utah, June-July 2001. MMWR 2001;50:1005-8.
- Coccidioidomycosis in travelers returning from Mexico—Pennsylvania, 2000. MMWR 2000;49:1004-6.
- Coccidioidomycosis—Arizona, 1990–1995. [PDF – 24 pages] MMWR 1996;45:1069-73.
- Coccidioidomycosis following the Northridge Earthquake—California, 1994. MMWR 1994;43:194-5.
- Arizona Department of Health Services – Valley Fever
- California Department of Public Health – Valley Fever
- Kern County Public Health Services Department – Valley Fever
- Valley Fever Center for Excellence
- University of Southern California Annenberg School of Journalism – Just One Breath
- Washington State Department of Health – Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever)
- Valley Fever and the Expanding Geographic Range of Coccidioides (Print Only) [PDF – 2 pages]
- Facts about Valley Fever [PDF – 2 pages]
Improving Diagnosis of Valley Fever to Improve Antibiotic Use
Breathing Valley Fever (2014)
Dr. Duc Vugia, chief of the Infectious Diseases Branch in the California Department of Public Health, discusses Valley Fever.
Death from Fungus in the Soil (2012)
Dr. Shira Shafir, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, discusses her study about fungus found in soil.
Coccidioidomycosis in Arizona 2007-2008 (2010)
This podcast looks at the impact of Coccidioidomycosis, or Valley fever, in Arizona in 2007 and early 2008.
Valley Fever Disease: The Zebra Among the Horses (2013)
A video documentary about Valley fever produced by the New Mexico Department of Health and CDC.
Valley Fever: Diagnosis and Treatment (2013)
CDC expert Dr. Benjamin Park talks to clinicians about diagnosis and treatment of Valley fever.
Information for specific groups of people
- For travelers: information on Coccidioidomycosis from the CDC’s Travelers’ Health Yellow Book
- For people who work outdoors in areas that are endemic for Valley fever:
- Coccidioidomycosis (Valley fever) – National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Work-Related Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis) – California Department of Public Health, Occupational Health Branch
- Fact sheet for archaeologists from the National Park Service Office of Public Health [PDF – 2 pages]
- U.S. Geological Survey’s Operational Guidelines for Geological Fieldwork in Areas Endemic for Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever) [PDF – 16 pages]
- For healthcare providers:
Continuing Medical Education activity: “Valley Fever: Timely Diagnosis, Early Assessment, and Proper Management.”
CDC is working to improve awareness about Valley fever (coccidioidomycosis) among healthcare providers. CDC partnered with experts from the University of Arizona and the University of California, Davis to provide online continuing education for physicians and nurses.
- Update on Coccidioidomycosis Occupational Health Issues – Continuing Medical Education from the California Department of Public Health
- Infectious Diseases Society of America’s Practice Guidelines for the Treatment of Coccidioidomycosis
- Valley Fever Center for Excellence Tutorial for Primary Care Professionals [PDF – 40 pages]
- Continuing Medical Education activity: “Valley Fever: Timely Diagnosis, Early Assessment, and Proper Management.”
- Page last reviewed: January 30, 2017
- Page last updated: August 17, 2018
- Content source: