Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
- Multidrug-resistant Candida auris
Announced June 2016
- Small turtles – Salmonella Sandiego and Salmonella Poona
Announced October 2015
Infographic of the Month
In the News
- Read about accomplishments and outbreak responses from the division and the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases in 2016.
- States are making our food supply safer with the national laboratory network, PulseNet.
- New interactive map provides state-by-state fact sheets describing CDC’s work to combat antibiotic resistance in multiple areas, including food safety.
- Get CDC information on keeping your family's food safe that you can use year-round.
- Global emergence of multidrug-resistant Candida auris
- The mcr-1 gene conferring colistin resistance has been reported in U.S. human and food animal sources.
Connect With Us
- Page last reviewed: February 15, 2017
- Page last updated: February 15, 2017
- Content source: