Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
CDC Expert Commentaries provide guidance for health professionals on foodborne, fungal, and waterborne illnesses.
Campylobacter Infections Linked to Pet Store Puppies
Announced September 2017
Salmonella Agbeni Infections Linked to Pet Turtles
Announced August 2017
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness
In the News
- Learn how an investigation into an outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing E. coli infections identified the danger of eating raw flour in dough.
- Watch our new video to learn more about Antibiotic Resistance and Food from CDC scientists.
- Read our new webpage on mycetoma, a disease found in equatorial parts of Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
- Get CDC information on keeping your family’s food safe that you can use year-round.
Connect With Us
- Page last reviewed: May 8, 2017
- Page last updated: December 7, 2017
- Content source: