Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases (DFWED)
Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
- Outbreaks of Salmonella Infections Linked to Backyard Poultry
Announced June 2022
- Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Peanut Butter
Announced May 2022
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- MMWR: Multistate Outbreak of Listeria Infections Linked to Fresh, Soft Hispanic-Style Cheese
- MMWR Notes from the Field: Wound Botulism Outbreak Among a Group of Persons Who Inject Drugs
- NCEZID Accomplishments 2021
- Wastewater Surveillance Data Added to COVID Data Tracker
- MMWR Notes from the Field: Early Evidence of the SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.529 (Omicron) Variant in Community Wastewater
- MMWR Notes from the Field: COVID-19–Associated Mucormycosis—Arkansas
Page last reviewed: June 15, 2022