Dialysis Component Training
- Introduction to the NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Protocol
Self-paced Interactive Training
Device_01 Dialysis Event Surveillance Annual Training [CBT – 60 min]
- Required annually for all users participating in Dialysis Event Surveillance.
- Free Continuing Education Course # WB2961 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 22 KB]
To get started with NHSN, the facility must first be enrolled. If the facility is enrolled, a user of that facility with administrator rights can add you as a user. If no one has access to the facility, contact the NHSN Helpdesk for assistance.
See below for resources to help you get started with NHSN.
- Facility Enrollment Resources
- Set-up Resources
Dialysis Prevention Process Measures (PPM) Protocol Cdc-pdf[PDF – 194K]
Reading the Dialysis Prevention Process Measures – Protocol is required for all users participating in PPM surveillance
- Dialysis Prevention Process Measures homepage
Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Training
Required annually for all users participating in CLIP Surveillance.
Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence Cdc-pdf[PDF – 92K]
Reading the Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence Protocol is required for all users participating in CLIP monitoring.
- Surveillance for Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence
HCP Influenza Vaccination Summary: General Training Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2M]
General training slides on collecting and entering HCP Influenza Vaccination Summary data.
HCP Influenza Vaccination Summary: Dialysis Facilities Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2M]
Training slides covering dialysis facility reporting requirements.