NIOSH Training for Nurses on Shift Work and Long Work Hours
- Stutts JC, Wilkins JW, Vaughn BV . Why do people have drowsy driving crashes? AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. [https://www.aaafoundation.org/sites/default/files/sleep.PDFexternal icon].
- American Nurses Association . ANA health & safety survey report [full report available for members at [http://nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/WorkplaceSafety/Healthy-Work-Environment/SafeNeedles/2011-HealthSafetySurvey.htmlexternal icon].
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention . Unhealthy sleep-related behaviors: 12 states, 2009. MMWR 60(8):233–238.
- State v. Scott Robb, No. 04001655 (N.J. Aug. 19, 2005).
- Commonwealth v. Semich, No. CR05041162-00, No. CR05041163-00, and No. CR05041164-00 (Prince William County Circuit Court 1997).
- Michial Jacobs v. Pacific Transportation Services, Ernie Newland and Thomas Lloyd. No. PM06-1710, 2010 WL 2894512 (California 2010).
- Marthe vs. Trotter. No. MC006412, 1999 WL 318940 (California 1999).
- Garza v. Posadas USA Inc., No. 2000CVE000509-D1 (Webb Co., Texas,Dist. Ct.).
- Howard ME, Jackson ML, Kennedy GA, Swann P, Barnes M, Pierce RJ . The interactive effects of extended wakefulness and low-dose alcohol on simulated driving and vigilance. Sleep 30:1334–1340.
- Vanlaar W, Simpson H, Mayhew D, Robertson R . Fatigued and drowsy driving: a survey of attitudes, opinions and behaviors. J Safety Res 39:303–309.
Page last reviewed: March 31, 2020
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health