NIOSH Training for Nurses on Shift Work and Long Work Hours
- Barton J, Spelten E, Totterdell P, Smith L, Folkard S, Costa G . The standard shiftwork index: a battery of questionnaires for assessing shiftwork-related problems. Work Stress 9:4–30.
- Caruso CC, Bushnell T, Eggerth D, Heitmann A, Kojola B, Newman K, Rosa RR, Sauter SL, Vila B . Long working hours, safety, and health: toward a national research agenda. Am J Ind Med 49:930–942.
- Colligan MJ, Rosa RR . Shiftwork effects on social and family life. Occup Med 5:315–322.
- Davis KD, Goodman WB, Pirretti AE, Almeida DM . Nonstandard work schedules, perceived family well-being, and daily stressors. J Marriage Family 70(4):991–1003.
- Jacobs JA, Gerson K . The time divide: work, family, and gender inequality. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Kalil A, Ziol-Guest KM, Epstein JL . Nonstandard work and marital instability: evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth. J Marriage Family 72(5):1289–1300.
- Phipps SA, Lethbridge L, Burton P . Long-run consequences of parental paid work hours for child overweight status in Canada. Soc Sci Med 62:977–986.
- Presser HB . Nonstandard work schedules and marital instability. J Marriage Family 62(1):93–110.
- Drake CL, Roehrs T, Richardson G, Walsh JK, Roth T . Shift work sleep disorder: prevalence and consequences beyond that of symptomatic day workers. Sleep 27:1453-1462.
- Liu H, Wang Q, Keesler V, Schneider B . Non-standard work schedules, work-family conflict and parental well-being: a comparison of married and cohabiting unions. Soc Sci Res. 40:473–484.
- Mills M, Täht K . Nonstandard work schedules and partnership quality: quantitative and qualitative findings. J Marriage Family 72(4): 860–875.
- Koulouglioti C, Cole R, Kitzman H . The role of children’s routines of daily living, supervision, and maternal fatigue in preschool children’s injury risk. Res Nurs Health 32(5):517–529.
- American Nurses Association . Nursing world: the nursing process [www.nursingworld.org/EspeciallyForYou/StudentNurses/Thenursingprocess.aspxexternal icon].