The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
The Library of NIOSH Content
NIOSH research, programs, and publications are responsive to the occupational health and safety problems that burden today’s and tomorrow’s workers. NIOSH utilizes only the best science, the highest quality of data, and the most transparent and independent peer review.
Access NIOSH’s programs that drive innovative research and improved workplace practices.
- Entire Program Portfolio
- Program Performance One-Pagers
- Virtual Research Centers
- Training Programs
Centralized access to NIOSH’s data & statistics for researchers and the general public.
- NIOSH Research Data
- CDC / NIOSH Surveillance Data
- Other Data Resources
- Worker Services & Support
Access NIOSH publications, reports, and communication products.
- Multimedia & Data Products
- Regulatory & Rule Making
- Training Products
- Other Language Publications
Workplace Safety and Health Topics
Topics regarding the classification of workplace hazards and environmental exposures and how to take protective measures for employees, including:
- Asphalt Fumes
- Hazardous Drug Exposure in Healthcare
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Heat Stress
- and more
A-Z guides that help workers, employees & occupational health professionals recognize and control chemical hazards.
- and more
Comprehensive list of safety and health topics and guides by industries and occupations, including:
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Solid Waste Industry
- and more
Comprehensive list of common occupational injuries and diseases to help employers and workers reduce & prevent work-related injuries, including:
- Work-Related Allergies
- H1N1 Influenza Virus (Swine Flu)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- and more
More NIOSH Resources
- Pocket Guide to Chemical HazardsInforms workers and employers about workplace chemicals and their hazards.
- Manual of Analytical MethodsMethods for sampling and analysis of contaminants in workplace air, surfaces, blood and urine of exposed workers.
- Health Hazard Evaluations (HHEs)reoccurring workplace health hazards.
- Research Program One Page SummariesDescribes the relevance and impact of NIOSH programs in a short and easy to understand format.
- NIOSH en Español
- NIOSH DocketRepository of NIOSH policy products, statements, and related materials.
- Documents for Public ReviewAny information submitted to the NIOSH Docket is open for public review.
- Peer Review AgendaProvides information on the independent review of NIOSH documents.
- RegulationsInformation on regulations that outline requirements for specific safety and health related matters or industries.
- Regulatory AgendaProposed regulations and regulatory changes NIOSH has posted to the Unified Regulatory Agenda.
- Occupational Safety and Health AdministrationOSHA ensures safe and healthful working conditions by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education, and assistance.
- Mine Safety and Health AdministrationWorks to prevent death, illness, and injury from mining and promotes safe workplaces for U.S. miners.
Enter your email address to receive research updates, links to resources, practical tips, and news about upcoming events.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Office of the Director