The steps module in Visual Composer is designed to highlight basic step-by-step instructions. You can format the module as one to four columns. The first example below uses a two-column format. (Note that the module is responsive, so the two-column format changes to a single column in mobile views.)
The second example uses a single column, and it illustrates optional use of tab text in the highlighting of the step number (the word “Step” in this case). Note that tab text is not available with multi-column formats. An optional border separates steps.
- tools iconBuilding in the WCMSSee key tips and guidelines for working with alert modules in the WCMS.
- photo iconTP4 UX Best Practices ppt icon[PPT - 14 MB]For general guidance on colors, layouts, and overall presentation, see this overview of TP4 best practices.
- Be consistent in look and feel if you use multiple step modules in a site.
- Be brief.
- Keep step titles within five to seven words.
- Limit step descriptions to one or two sentences.
- Link to details when necessary.