Building in the WCMS
The list module is typically used to create lists with three or more items. There are two general types of list modules in the WCMS: reusable and single-use. (Like other single-use content elements, the single-use module can be created only in Visual Composer.) Each list item can include a link, a graphic, an item title, and a description.
The single-use list provides a convenient way to add a basic list quickly to a Visual Composer page or module. The reusable list, however, is more robust and offers several additional options:
- Graphic (icon or image) for each list item, with two size options and color options for icons
- Action button for list as a whole
- Link option on module title
Both list types offer the following options:
- Layout (one to three columns)
- Suppression of link underlining
- Four list styles: block, block light, bulleted, and paragraph
- Multiple “box styles”
Note that, for reusable lists, the four options above are available in the “Settings” pop-up when you insert the list. For more examples of list modules, see the list gallery.
There are single-use and reusable versions of the list module. A single-use list must be created in a Visual Composer page or module.
To use icons or images, create a reusable list (use the “New Content” option in the WCMS content browser).
For icon or image list, always use the block or block light style (not bulleted or numbered).