The Markup Include visualization allows you to add an existing SSI into a Data Visualization dashboard or page. This was created so that textual information and imagery can be added to a dashboard, independent of the data that the dashboard is created from. Design elements can be added this way as well.
This element can be used to help the page user understand how to interact with the dashboard or interpret it. These elements are best applied to subsections of the dashboard needing context or overall dashboard guidance. If a single data visualization needs subtext, that can be added within the data visualization itself.
Note: Though a Markup Include can be used on its own as a data visualization, it’s best used within a dashboard. Purpose-built single-use or reusable WCMS modules like a Text Box Module or an Image Module would be better as a stand-alone element on a page if a data visualization dashboard is not being used.
Go to examples at the bottom of this page to see some of the possible options.
This title is added in the Data Visualization Editor for the Markup Include. Its color can also be selected independently of the site template colors.
2. Added Element
Much like any WYSIWYG text element in the WCMS, you can “Add Element” from the “Insert” dropdown. This can be used to add any of the allowed imagery or design elements.
The WYSIWYG editor will allow you to add any text with supported customizations.
- photo iconGo to ExamplesSee examples on this page that illustrate key options.
- When a static set of text or visuals is required
- To enhance the overall communication of the dashboard
- As a stand alone page element
- If a Data Bite static or variable image could be used with data
- Markup Include Title: Good titles are helpful to the page user. However, consider if one is necessary visually or structurally for your dashboard.
- Customization: Keep the style choices for your Markup Include simple. Not all style choices will render exactly the way you created it in the SSI.
- Visual Clutter: Select the cleanest layout possible. If an image or a graphic isn’t needed, don’t add one.
- Other Modules: It may be better to simply add a row of modules before or after the dashboard to share insight or additional information instead of adding a Markup Include inside the dashboard.