Testing During Pregnancy
There is a greater risk to a pregnant woman and her baby if TB disease is not diagnosed and treated.
TB skin testing is considered both valid and safe throughout pregnancy. TB blood tests also are safe to use during pregnancy, but have not been evaluated for diagnosing TB infection in pregnant women. Other tests are needed to show if a person has TB disease.
- (Fact sheet)
- What you need to know about the TB skin test (PDF 202k)
- Get The Facts About TB Disease (PDF 430k)
- What you Need to Know About TB Infection (PDF 409k)
For Health Care Providers
- Page last reviewed: April 15, 2016
- Page last updated: April 15, 2016
- Content source: