World TB Day 2019
CDC U.S. TB Elimination Champions
There are many individuals and organizations working in effective and engaging ways to end tuberculosis (TB) in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) U.S. TB Elimination Champions Project provides an opportunity to recognize accomplishments and learn best practices from people who are making a significant contribution to preventing and controlling TB. DTBE is excited to issue a call for nominations for the 2019 CDC U.S. TB Elimination Champions Project. Nominations are due February 15, 2019
In keeping with this year’s World TB Day theme “It’s Time!” we are seeking photo submissions from organizations or individuals that represent their work and commitment to the “It’s Time to End TB!” mission. As such, we encourage submissions representing work across a wide spectrum of TB activities that organizations or individuals perform to end TB in their communities. Our aim is to elevate awareness of these activities with the use of high visual interest photos. We have listed below examples of theme categories and slogans that photos could reflect.
- It’s time to test and treat latent TB infection.
- It’s time to speak up.
- It’s time to end stigma.
- It’s time to strengthen TB education and awareness among health care providers.
- It’s time to end TB.
We will share these inspiring success stories through CDC’s website, Twitter, and Facebook accounts. The stories can help other organizations end TB in their communities.
Completed Nomination Form, including nominee and nominator information, the photo submission, photo release forms, and answers to the following questions (75 words per submission):
- Describe the nominee’s dedication to the “It’s Time” message reflected in the photo submission.
- What impact have these efforts made in the community?
- Name(s) of people in the photo
Nomination Submission Process
- Nomination form Cdc-word[DOC – 26 KB]
- Photo Requirements:
- Types of Image Files
- JPEG (or JPG) – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- PNG – Portable Network Graphics
- 1024 x 512 pixels
- 1200 x 630 pixels
- 300 dpi
- Types of Image Files
Past U.S. TB Champions
Read more about the 2017 CDC U.S. TB Elimination Champions who are expanding latent TB infection testing and treatment in their communities.
- The Allentown Health Bureau Control Team
- Julie Vaishampayan
- Jason Stout
- Breathe Easy South Texas
- Pennan Barry
- Tennessee Collaborative Services
- Lynn Community Health Center
- Stephanie Quinn and Luvette Baldwin
- The Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness Tuberculosis Program
- Jonathan Iralu
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Community Health Services
- Denver Metro TB Clinic
- Becky Scoggin
Read more about the 2016 CDC U.S. TB Elimination Champions who are working in one of the five areas that support CDC’s Division of Tuberculosis Elimination Strategic Plan, 2016-2020.
- Supporting TB Control
- Building Partnerships
- Expanding Testing and Treatment
- Focusing on Prevention
- Maximizing Resources