Federal TB Task Force
The Federal Tuberculosis (TB) Task Force is authorized under the Comprehensive TB Elimination Act, 42 USC 247b-6: National strategy for combating and eliminating tuberculosis.
Consultation from multiple external organizations involved in TB elimination and the general public on Federal TB Task Force plans and recommendations is facilitated through the Advisory Council on Tuberculosis Elimination.
- Plan to Combat Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
- National Action Plan to Combat Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis.
- Federal TB Task Force Plan in Response to the Institute of Medicine Report, Ending Neglect: The Elimination of Tuberculosis in the United States.
CDC collaborates with the following agencies to address U.S. TB Elimination:
- Agency for Children and Families, DHHS
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, DHHS
- Food and Drug Administration, DHHS
- Health Resources and Services Administration, DHHS
- Indian Health Service, DHHS
- National Institutes of Health, DHHS
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management/PSC, DHHS
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, DHHS