Federal TB Task Force
The Federal Tuberculosis (TB) Task Force is authorized under the Comprehensive TB Elimination Act, 42 USC 247b-6: National strategy for combating and eliminating tuberculosis.
Consultation from multiple external organizations involved in TB elimination and the general public on Federal TB Task Force plans and recommendations is facilitated through the Advisory Council on Tuberculosis Elimination.
- Plan to Combat Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
- National Action Plan to Combat Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis.
- Federal TB Task Force Plan in Response to the Institute of Medicine Reportpdf icon, Ending Neglect: The Elimination of Tuberculosis in the United States.
CDC collaborates with the following agencies to address U.S. TB Elimination:
- Agency for Children and Familiesexternal icon, DHHS
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Qualityexternal icon, DHHS
- Food and Drug Administrationexternal icon, DHHS
- Health Resources and Services Administrationexternal icon, DHHS
- Indian Health Serviceexternal icon, DHHS
- National Institutes of Healthexternal icon, DHHS
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management/PSCexternal icon, DHHS
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrationexternal icon, DHHS