PS20-2001 NOFO Funding Estimator
CDC Tuberculosis (TB) Cooperative Agreement, 2020-2024
Awardee Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Funding Estimator
CDC TB Cooperative Agreement funding consists of three parts: 1) Prevention and Control (P&C), 2) Human Resource Development (HRD), and 3) Public Health Laboratory Strengthening.
Part 1 – Prevention & Control
The funding for prevention and control is allocated using a formula approach to ensure equitable distribution of resources based on changing TB epidemiology and program performance. Beginning FY 2020, the first year of the 2020-2024 cooperative agreement period, a newly revised formula will begin to be implemented. This new funding formula will be fully implemented over a 3-year period. In the first year, the new formula will be used to distribute 1/3 of the total TB funding available nationally for prevention and control programs, and the remaining 2/3 of funding will continue to be allocated using the formula used during the 2015-2019 TB cooperative agreement period. In FY 2021, the new formula will be implemented for an additional 1/3 of the total funding and will be fully implemented at 100% in FY 2022.
The purpose of this worksheet is to help applicants estimate the maximum funding amount for P&C that may be made available to them in the first year of the 2020-2024 Cooperative Agreement, FY 2020. This worksheet provides the dollars ($) per case for each of the variables in the funding formula using surveillance data from the frozen 2018 dataset. The $ per case are calculated based on the 3-year averages of U.S. total cases and reflect the application of 1/3 distribution using the 2020-2024 formula and 2/3 distribution using the 2015-2019 cooperative agreement formula.
|NEEDS COMPONENT||$ per Case||Awardee 3-yr Average||Subtotal|
|U.S. Born Minorities & Non-U.S. Born||$1,520||x||=|
|Smear Positive Pulmonary||$2,390||x||=|
|Medical Risk Factors||$340||x||=|
|Social Risk Factors||$670||x||=|
|Class B Arrivals||$110||x||=|
|Total Needs Component||$|
|PERFORMANCE COMPONENT||$ per Case||Awardee 3-yr Average*||Subtotal|
|Completion of Treatment||$1,260||x||=|
|Drug Susceptibility Testing||$500||x||=|
|Contact LTBI Treatment Completion||$220||x||=|
|Immigrants and Refugees Examined||$130||x||=|
|Total Performance Component||$|
|Total Estimated P&C Funding||$|
- Using the data from the Frozen 2018 Dataset, Funding Formula Variables Snapshot Report in the National Tuberculosis Indicators Project (NTIP), enter the 3-year averages reported for your program in the column for Awardee 3-yr Average.
- Multiply $ per Case by the Awardee 3-yr Average for each variable.
- Sum the subtotals of each variable under the Needs Component to obtain the amount for the Total Needs Component.
- Replace the amount for the Total Needs Component with $125,000 if this amount is less than $125,000.
- Sum the subtotals for each variable under the Performance Component to obtain the amount for the Total Performance Component.
- Add the Total amounts for the Needs and Performance Components to obtain the maximum estimated P&C funding that may be available to your program for FY 2020.
Part 2 – Human Resource Development
A fixed funding amount is allocated for HRD based on the TB incidence level in each project area. The table below provides the funding amount available to applicants by TB incidence level. Applicants should add the HRD funding amount available for their project area to the total estimated funding from the P&C section to obtain the grand total for their FY 2020 Funding.
|Incidence levels||HRD Funding Amount|
|0 – 49 Cases||$ 18,000|
|50 – 499 Cases||$ 24,629|
|>= 500 Cases||$ 41,781|
Part 3 – Public Health Laboratory Strengthening
Applicants should use their 2019 funding amounts plus a 20% increase to estimate the amount of funds to request for FY2020.