Healthcare Quality Promotion (DHQP)
Focus: To protect patients and healthcare workers and to promote safety in healthcare settings.
Some key activities:
- Investigate and respond to emerging infections and adverse events in healthcare facilities, including healthcare-associated infections; antimicrobial drug-resistant infections; adverse events from the use or misuse of a drug (like accidental overdoses); blood, organ, and tissue safety; and vaccine safety.
- Support the enhancement of state infrastructure for elimination of healthcare-associated infections.
- Develop and disseminate evidence-based guidelines and recommendations to prevent and control healthcare-associated infections, antimicrobial resistance, and medication errors.
- Provide healthcare facilities, states, and federal agencies with data for action through the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), a tool for monitoring and preventing healthcare-associated infections, used by healthcare facilities in all 50 states.
- Page last reviewed: November 4, 2016
- Page last updated: November 4, 2016
- Content source: