Smoking & Tobacco Use Features
Support to Quit
The following free resources are available to help smokers quit.
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Smokers can get free support and advice from experienced counselors, a personalized quit plan, self-help materials, the latest information about cessation medications, and more.
- 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569)
A free, phone-based service to help Spanish speaking persons quit tobacco use.
- smokefree.govexternal icon provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking.
- espanol.smokefree.govexternal icon provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of Spanish-speaking individuals trying to quit smoking.
- Tips From Former Smokers® profiles real people who are living with serious long-term health effects from smoking and secondhand smoke exposure.
- Quit Tobaccoexternal icon is a U.S. Department of Defense-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families. Sign up for SmokefreeMILexternal icon to get 24/7 text support during your quit smoking attempt.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users: Quit Smokingexternal icon is an easy-to-read guide issued by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Page last reviewed: August 19, 2019