Networking2Save: CDC’s National Network Approach to Preventing and Controlling Tobacco-related Cancers in Special Populations
CDC-RFA-DP18-1808: Networking2Save: CDC’s National Network Approach to Preventing and Controlling Tobacco-related Cancers in Special Populations supports a consortium of national organizations to advance the prevention of commercial tobacco use and cancer in populations experiencing tobacco- and cancer-related health disparities.
The consortium is jointly funded by CDC’s Office on Smoking and Health and Division of Cancer Prevention and Control. It is intended to enhance the quality and performance of specific public health programs, data and information systems, practice and services, partnerships, and resources that focus on tobacco- and cancer-related health disparities in special populations.
This partnership provides leadership on and promotion of evidence-based approaches for preventing commercial tobacco use and cancer. Strategies and activities will focus on—
- Network administration and management.
- Training and technical assistance.
- Engagement of the priority populations in national, state, tribal, territorial interventions.
- Mass-reach health communications that complement OSH, DCPC, and other CDC-funded chronic disease programs.
This announcement includes FY 22 funds to the following:
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due Tuesday, May 2, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time
- Anticipated Notice of Funding: Recipient can anticipate a notice of funding around July 30, 2022
- Anticipated Start Date: Recipient can anticipate a project start date of September 30, 2022
|National Network||Population of Focus||Awardee Organization|
|ASPIRE Networkexternal icon||Asian American/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander||Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy, & Leadership (APPEAL)|
|Geographic Health Equity Alliance (GHEA)external icon||Geographically defined||Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)|
|The Center for Black Health & Equityexternal icon||African American||The Center for Black Health & Equity|
|National Council for Mental Wellbeingexternal icon||Mental or substance use disorders||National Council for Behavioral Health|
|National LGBT Tobacco-Related Cancer Networkexternal icon||Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)||National LGBT Cancer Network|
|National Native Network (Keep It Sacred)external icon||American Indian and Alaska Native||Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan, Inc.|
|Nuestras Voces (Our Voices) Networkexternal icon||Hispanic/Latino||National Alliance for Hispanic Health|
|SelfMade Health Networkexternal icon||Low Socioeconomic Status||Patient Advocate Foundation|