Youth Tobacco Prevention
Youth use of tobacco products in any form is unsafe, irrespective of whether it is smoked, smokeless, or electronic. If smoking continues at current rates, 5.6 million—or 1 out of every 13—of today’s children will ultimately die prematurely from a smoking-related illness.
Find links to data, infographics, reports and other resources.
- Evidence Brief: Tobacco Industry Sponsored Youth Prevention Programs in Schools
- E-cigarettes Shaped Like USB Flash Drives: Information for Parents, Educators and Health Care Providers
A factsheet for parents, educators and health care providers on the health effects of e-cigarettes shaped like USB flash drives.
- Youth and Tobacco Use
A factsheet on current estimates and factors associated with tobacco use among youth.
- Impact from the Field: Preventing E-Cigarette and Emerging Tobacco Product Use Among Young People
- Smoking in the Movies
A factsheet on the occurrence and impact of tobacco use in youth rated movies.
- Notes from the Field: E-cigarette Use Among Middle and High School Students — United States, 2022
October 7, 2022 / Vol. 71(40);1283–1285
- Notes from the Field: E-Cigarette Use Among Middle and High School Students — National Youth Tobacco Survey, United States, 2021
September 29, 2021, 2021 / Vol. 70:1387–9
- Tobacco Product Use and Associated Factors Among Middle School and High School Students—United States, 2019
December 6, 2019 / Vol. 68 / 12
- Tobacco Use in Top-Grossing Movies — United States, 2010–2018
November 1, 2019, 2019 / Vol. 68 / 43