Heart Attack and Stroke
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Heart Attack Signsexternal icon. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute has free downloadable posters, brochures, and other support materials available for the Act In Time To Heart Attack Signs campaign.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health “Stroke Heroes Act FAST”external icon. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention has free downloadable videos, posters, brochures, and other materials available from their “Stroke Heroes Act FAST” campaign in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Khmer. The “Stroke Heroes Act FAST” message was created by using the evidence-based Cincinnati Pre-Hospital Stroke Scale.
- Stroke Information Toolkits and Postersexternal icon. The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke has a Know Stroke Community Education Kit and support materials available in English and Spanish.
- ACOEM Automated External Defibrillation (AED) in the Occupational Setting pdf icon[PDF-106K]external icon. The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) has a position statement titled, “Automated External Defibrillation in the Occupational Setting,” which summarizes pertinent legislation and provides guidelines for AED use in the workplace.
- OSHA’s Best Practices Guide: Fundamentals of a Workplace First-Aid Programpdf icon[PDF-163K]external icon. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) Best Practices Guide: Fundamentals of a Workplace First-Aid Program has information and resources for AEDs, CPR, and workplace first aid.
- American Red Cross Workplace CPR, First Aid, and AED Informationexternal icon. The American Red Cross has many resources related to AEDs and CPR training.
- Risk assessment tool for estimating individual’s 10 year risk of having a heart attackexternal icon
Page last reviewed: February 1, 2018