- Strategies for Managing Mental Health and Stress in the Workplace
- Mental Health in the U.S.
- NIOSH’s Stress … At Work. This publication highlights knowledge about the causes of stress at work and outlines steps that can be taken to prevent job stress.
- The Changing Organization of Work and the Safety and Health of Working People. This report presents a comprehensive research agenda to investigate and reduce occupational safety and health risks associated with the changing organization of work.
- The USA perspective: current issues and trends in the management of work stress. This journal article provides a US perspective on emergent issues about work stress and current efforts to reduce stress at work.
- Exposure to Stress: Occupational Hazards in Hospitals. The brochure can be used to identify the sources of occupational stress, identify the adverse health effects of occupational stress, and recommend work practices to reduce occupational stress.
- Manage Stressexternal icon
- Boost Your Competitive Edge: Actions for a Healthy, Productive Workforce pdf icon[PDF-5.4 MB]. This resource developed by the CDC Division of Violence Prevention suggests strategic investments employers of both small and large organizations can make to reduce employee stress and ensure a healthier and more productive workforce today and into the next generation.
Page last reviewed: February 29, 2020