- CDC’s Physical Activity web site. This site provides a variety of information about physical activity, including physical activity guidelines and recommendations, data and statistics, recommended strategies, and other resources.
- Steps to Wellness: A Guide to Implementing the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans in the Workplace pdf icon[PDF – 2.8 MB] provides employers with easy and understandable steps on how to get employees moving.
- North Carolina’s Eat Smart Move More Worksite Initiative pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]external icon has developed a guide to creating walking maps to encourage walking on worksite campuses.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Physical Activity Basics website contains extensive educational material on physical activity. Topics include recommended activity levels, examples of moderate-level and vigorous-level activities, recommended activities according to age, ways to avoid injury, and a list of additional resources from organizations such as the American Heart Associationexternal icon.
- The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americansexternal icon describes the types and amounts of physical activity that offer health benefits .
- North Carolina’s Eat Smart Move More Worksite Initiative pdf icon[PDF – 129 KB]external icon has created an organizational physical activity policy template.
- The Oregon Department of Human Servicesexternal icon has developed a Healthy Worksites toolkit that includes guidance on establishing policies to support physical activity at work as well as a sample flextime policy template.
- North Carolina’s Eat Smart Move More Worksite Initiative pdf icon[PDF – 721 KB]external icon has developed a step by step guide to establishing a worksite stairwell initiative.
- Walk with Easeexternal icon is an evidence-based, six week walking program developed by the Arthritis Foundation. It can be used individuals with Arthritis or anyone who wants to be active and make physical activity a part of daily life through walking.
Page last reviewed: February 29, 2020