Workplace Health Resources
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has developed the Business Case for Breastfeeding, a comprehensive toolkit designed to educate employers about the value of supporting breastfeeding employees in the workplace that provides guidance on developing a policy and implementing a lactation support program.
- North Carolina’s Eat Smart Move More Worksite Initiative has developed Business Leading the Way in Support of Breastfeeding, a planning, guidance, and resource toolkit for employers.
- National Business Group on Health’s Investing in Workplace Breastfeeding Programs and Policies: An Employer’s Toolkit [PDF – 1.1 MB] provides information for assessing, planning, promoting, implementing, and evaluating a worksite lactation support program.
- The Making It Work Toolkit is an online resource for breastfeeding mothers developed by the New York State Department of Health with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children returning to work or school. The toolkit is designed to provide assistance to breastfeeding mothers, as well as tools and information for businesses and families. A helpful Checklist for Employers is included in the Making it Work: For Employers section to assist supervisors’ plans for employee lactation accommodations requests.
- Page last reviewed: January 10, 2018
- Page last updated: January 10, 2018
- Content source: