Environmental Support | Blood Pressure Interventions
Environmental support for blood pressure screening and control1-3
Environmental support provides a worksite physically designed to encourage good health.
Worksite environmental support activities for lifestyle change can be used to control high blood pressure among employees
- The health-related environmental support strategies and interventions listed for physical activity, alcohol use, nutrition, stress, type 2 diabetes, and obesity include lifestyle activities recommended to control blood pressure
1. Pelletier KR. Clinical and cost outcomes of multifactorial, cardiovascular risk management interventions in worksites: a comprehensive review. JOEM. 1997; 29(12): 1154-1169.
2. Pelletier KR. A review and analysis of the clinical and cost-effectiveness studies of comprehensive health promotion and disease management programs at the worksite: update VI 2000-2004. JOEM. 2005; 47(10):1051-1058.
3. Matson Koffman, DM, Goetzel RZ, Anwuri VV, Shore K, Orenstein D, LaPier T. Heart-healthy and stroke-free: successful business strategies to prevent cardiovascular disease. Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29(5), suppl. 1:113-121.
- Page last reviewed: March 1, 2016
- Page last updated: March 1, 2016
- Content Source: