STD Outbreak Response Resources
STD Outbreak Response Plan Guide (Updated 12/10/2020) – Guidance for jurisdictions on developing their own STD outbreak response plan.
Ceftriaxone-resistant GC Outbreak Response Plan Guide – Used in conjunction with CDC’s STD Outbreak Response Plan Guide to facilitate development of an ARGC-specific Outbreak Response Plan prior to conducting an ARGC TTX.
Syphilis Outbreak Detection Guidance – A framework for understanding a program’s epidemiology, determining if and when an outbreak might be occurring, and when additional resources and activities might be needed.
Disseminated Gonococcal Infection (DGI) Case Report Form – A DGI report form for state and local health departments to use when collecting critical data elements surrounding DGI cases.
Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea (ARGC) Tabletop Exercise (TTX) [ZIP – 22 MB] – The DRGC TTX is designed to assist local and state health departments test existing response plans, policies, and procedures to improve preparedness and response efforts around DRGC.
Individual ARGC TTX Materials Found in the Zip File
- DRGC TTX Introduction Letter [DOC – 34 KB]
- DRGC TTX Toolkit Overview [DOC – 114 KB] – For the TTX planning team; describes how to plan and conduct pre-event activities, event activities, and post-event activities for the DRGC TTX.
- Ceftriaxone-resistant GC Outbreak Response Plan Guide [DOC – 72 KB] – Used in conjunction with CDC’s STD Outbreak Response Plan Guide to facilitate development of an DRGC-specific Outbreak Response Plan prior to conducting an ARGC TTX.
- DRGC Webinar PowerPoint Slides [PPT – 14 MB] – Provides basic background on DRGC for all participants and facilitators.
- Tabletop Exercise Documents
Talking Points for Gonorrhea with Reduced Susceptibility [DOC – 23 KB] – Talking points to help health departments describe the situation, what the health department is doing, what clinicians can do, and what the public can do to prevent the spread of gonorrhea with reduced susceptibility.
Gonorrhea with Reduced Susceptibility Health Alert Template – A health alert template that can be adapted and used by a health department to notify local public health practitioners, clinicians, public health laboratories, and public information officers about a case, cluster, or isolate of reduced susceptibility N. gonorrhoeae in their jurisdiction.