STD Outbreak Response Resources
STD Outbreak Response Plan Guidepdf icon (Updated 12/10/2020) – Guidance for jurisdictions on developing their own STD outbreak response plan.
STD Outbreak Prevention and Control Activitiespdf icon – A companion document to the STD Outbreak Response Plan Guidepdf icon, providing more specific examples of outbreak control and prevention activities.
Ceftriaxone-resistant GC Outbreak Response Plan Guide word icon – Used in conjunction with CDC’s STD Outbreak Response Plan Guidepdf icon to facilitate development of an ARGC-specific Outbreak Response Plan prior to conducting an ARGC TTX.
Syphilis Outbreak Detection Guidancepdf iconexternal icon – A framework for understanding a program’s epidemiology, determining if and when an outbreak might be occurring, and when additional resources and activities might be needed.
Disseminated Gonococcal Infection (DGI) Case Report Formpdf icon – A DGI report form for state and local health departments to use when collecting critical data elements surrounding DGI cases.
Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea (ARGC) Tabletop Exercise (TTX) zip icon[ZIP – 22 MB] – The ARGC TTX is designed to assist local and state health departments test existing response plans, policies, and procedures to improve preparedness and response efforts around ARGC.
Individual ARGC TTX Materials Found in the Zip File
- ARGC TTX Introduction Letter word icon[DOC – 34 KB]
- ARGC TTX Toolkit Overview word icon[DOC – 114 KB] – For the TTX planning team; describes how to plan and conduct pre-event activities, event activities, and post-event activities for the ARGC TTX.
- Ceftriaxone-resistant GC Outbreak Response Plan Guide word icon[DOC – 72 KB] – Used in conjunction with CDC’s STD Outbreak Response Plan Guidepdf icon to facilitate development of an ARGC-specific Outbreak Response Plan prior to conducting an ARGC TTX.
- ARGC Webinar PowerPoint Slides ppt icon[PPT – 14 MB] – Provides basic background on ARGC for all participants and facilitators.
- Tabletop Exercise Documents
- ARGC TTX Situation Manual for Participants word icon[DOC – 107 KB]
- ARGC TTX Facilitation Guide word icon[DOC – 110 KB]
- ARGC TTX Facilitator Slides ppt icon[PPT – 9 MB]
- ARGC TTX Participant Feedback Form word icon[DOC – 34 KB]
- Template for ARGC TTX After Action Report/Improvement Plan word icon[DOC – 47 KB]
Talking Points for Gonorrhea with Reduced Susceptibility word icon[DOC – 23 KB] – Talking points to help health departments describe the situation, what the health department is doing, what clinicians can do, and what the public can do to prevent the spread of gonorrhea with reduced susceptibility.
Gonorrhea with Reduced Susceptibility Health Alert Template – A health alert template that can be adapted and used by a health department to notify local public health practitioners, clinicians, public health laboratories, and public information officers about a case, cluster, or isolate of reduced susceptibility N. gonorrhoeae in their jurisdiction.