NOFO: PS19-1901 Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD)
- Conduct STD surveillance
- Respond to STD-related outbreaks
- Identify persons with STDs and link them and their partners to care and to treatment through targeted disease investigation and intervention
- Promote CDC-recommended screening, diagnosis, and treatment practices among relevant providers
- Disseminate local data and information to the health care community and general public
- Monitor and develop STD-related policy
- Develop and strengthen multi- sector partnerships to support STD prevention and control
- Support HIV prevention goals and collaborate with health department HIV programs and
- Analyze and use data for increased program insights and program improvement
This NOFO supports strategies and activities to: eliminate congenital syphilis; prevent antibiotic resistant gonorrhea; reduce primary and secondary syphilis; prevent STD-related pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility; address STD-related outbreaks; and reduce STD-related health disparities. Priority populations for this NOFO include adolescents and young adults, men who have sex with men, and pregnant women. More information is available in the STD PCHD infographic pdf icon[PDF – 157 KB].
Award recipientspdf icon include state, local and territorial health departments or their Bona Fide Agents. This includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Also included are the local (county or city) health departments serving the following metropolitan areas: Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA; New York City, NY; and San Francisco, CA.
Notices of Award were sent on or before December 20, 2018
For questions about the NOFO, please write to: email@example.com.