Additional STD Treatment Resources
Through CDC’s AR Lab Network, the Maryland Public Health Laboratory offers nationwide gradient strip method antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST)—at no cost—to assist in care of patients with potentially drug-resistant gonorrhea infections. Learn more on this fact sheet.pdf icon
Webinars related to STD treatment are on the Webinars page.
- Duty to Warn – “Duty to warn” is a legal concept that indicates possible liability for healthcare providers if no warning of possible harm is given in certain circumstances. This analysis discusses whether duty to warn applies to healthcare providers and STD diagnoses.
- Increasing Access to STI Services in the Medicaid Programexternal icon – A new report from the CDC Foundation, in partnership with the George Washington University (GWU) School of Public Health and CDC, examining the barriers and opportunities for enhancing access to STI services through the Medicaid program. Learn more in Public Health Reportsexternal icon and CDC Foundation’s blogexternal icon.
- STD QCS and the STI Treatment Guidelines Graphicimage icon – A side-by-side comparison of how both documents are different but work hand-in-hand to optimize care. Sized for Facebookimage icon, LinkedInimage icon, and Twitterimage icon.
- The Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of Syphilis: An Update and Reviewpdf iconexternal icon – A clinical guidance document for use in the diagnosis and management of syphilis. Based on content from the 2015 CDC STD Treatment Guidelines, and developed by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Infections and the NYC STD Prevention Training Center. (March 2019)
- STD Prevention Resourcespdf icon – Handout with links to CDC resources for healthcare providers, individuals, STD programs and community-based organizations.
- Provider Pocket Guides – Concise booklets that provide clinicians with critical information on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of STDs.
- National STD Curriculumexternal icon – An online modular learning experience that helps users learn how to manage STDs. It is continuously updated and integrates the most recent STD Treatment Guidelines. Free CME/CNE available. (November 1, 2017)
- Sexual Health and Your Patients: A Provider’s Guideexternal icon – Primary care providers can use this guide to better integrate sexual health conversations and related preventive sexual health services into routine adolescent and adult visits. It features tables and charts to help providers easily find key information, and was pre-tested with primary care providers.
- STD Prevention Science Series – The latest research and best practices for STD prevention with the STD Prevention Science Series.