Sexually Transmitted Infections Prevalence, Incidence, and Cost Estimates in the United States
Sexually transmitted infections are very common and costly to the nation’s health and economy.
CDC released updated STI prevalence, incidence, and cost estimates as part of a special issue in the journal Sexually Transmitted Diseasesexternal icon. The new estimates provide the clearest picture to date of how common and costly STIs are in the United States. They also serve as a reminder that proven STI prevention– at all levels – is a cornerstone of protecting America’s health, economic security, and wellness.
- At A Glance: STI Prevalence, Incidence, and Cost Estimates in the United States
- Social Media Materials: Messages and Graphics to Help Spread the Word
- Dear Colleague Letter: Announcement about Updated STI Prevalence, Incidence, and Cost Estimates
- Press Release: CDC Estimates 1 in 5 People in the U.S. Have a Sexually Transmitted Infection
- Media Fact Sheet: Incidence, Prevalence, and Cost of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States
- Success Story: Calculating the Burden of STIs in the US: New CDC Research Streamlines Data Analysis