Classroom Physical Activity Promotion Kit
Integrating physical activity into the classroom can improve students’ health and readiness to learn. CDC Healthy Schools and Springboard to Active Schoolsexternal icon have developed several resources, including digital assets for social media, to help make physical activity a part of classroom time. This promotion kit provides an overview of these resources, as well as ideas for promoting them.
- This document describes 10 evidence-based strategies for promoting and planning for classroom physical activity.
- This guide provides key activities, questions, templates, and tools that educators and other physical activity champions can consider to help them adopt, promote, enhance, and sustain strategies identified in Strategies for Classroom Physical Activity in Schools.
- This online platform provides templates, tools, resources, and stories from the field to help educators and other physical activity champions implement the 10 strategies for classroom physical activity.
- This brief outlines the definition of classroom physical activity, provides a snapshot of current classroom physical activity practices in the U.S., and highlights ways to improve classroom physical activity through national guidance and practical strategies and resources.
- This one-pager shares ideas for parents to promote classroom physical activity in their child’s school.
- This PowerPoint presentation explains the benefit and importance of classroom physical activity and describes CDC and Springboard to Active Schools resources for classroom physical activity in schools.
If you prefer to host the resources for classroom physical activity on your organization’s website, you can sign up for CDC’s content syndication service. It’s free, quick, and easy.
- Host a webinar on ways to use the classroom physical activity resources and integrate classroom physical activity in schools.
- Promote the classroom physical activity resources at relevant local and national conferences.
- Provide trainings to district and school staff on these new resources for classroom physical activity.
- Share information about the importance of classroom physical activity at school wellness events or parent-teacher association or organization meetings.
- If you have a story or resource to share, please submit your ideas to the Online Platform: Integrate Classroom Physical Activity in Schoolsexternal icon.