Professional Development 101 and 201
Professional Development 101: The Basics
In this course, you will learn about the six Professional Development Practices developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Healthy Schools branch, in partnership with RMC Health. PD101 can help increase the skill-building capacity of staff, as they work to improve health and educational outcomes
The objectives for this course are to:
- Define professional development and key professional development terms.
- Identify the six professional development practices.
- Identify strategies to support the professional development practices.
Professional Development 201: From Basic to Dynamic
PD 101 provides an overview of the Professional Development Practices and how they can help increase the skill-building capacity of your staff. PD 201 takes a closer look at two practices, Design and Deliver, to demonstrate how to:
- Incorporate adult learning principles into the design of a professional development event.
- Develop webinars from pre– to post–production.
- Facilitate dynamic and effective webinars.