Unit 6: Mental Health, Child Development, & Hygiene
This unit has information on the mental health, development, and hygiene of school age children. Topics include bullying, anxiety and depression, stress and coping, and sleep, hand and oral hygiene.
- Children’s Mental Health
- Coping After a Natural Disaster: Resources and Information for Teens
- COVID-19 Stress and Coping
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Center for School Mental Healthexternal icon (NCSMH)
- School Employee Wellness
- The Star Collection—The Star Collection books for young American Indian and Alaska Native (AIAN) readers features and celebrates feeling connected to culture and community and having positive relationships with others that are safe, stable, and nurturing.
- What Are Childhood Mental Disorders?
- Help Children Learn at Home: Keep Children Engaged During Virtual Learning or While School’s Out
- Middle Childhood (9-11 years of age)
- Young Teens (12-14 years of age)
- Hand Washing
- Oral Health
- Take Care of Your Teeth: This activity book (print only) pdf iconpdf icon[PDF – 740 KB] offers an interactive way for children to learn good oral health habits. It’s recommended for children aged 3–8 years. Also available in French pdf iconpdf icon[PDF—687 KB], Spanish pdf iconpdf icon[PDF—536 KB], and Tagalog pdf iconpdf icon[PDF—692 KB].
- Sleep and Health