Unit 6: Mental Health, Child Development, & Hygiene
In unit six, we share information on the mental health, development, and hygiene of school-age children. Topics include bullying, anxiety and depression, stress and coping, and sleep, hand and oral hygiene.
- Children’s Mental Health
- Coping After a Natural Disaster: Resources and Information for Teens
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Center for School Mental Healthexternal iconexternal icon (NCSMH)
- The Star Collection—The Star Collection books for young American Indian and Alaska Native (AIAN) readers features and celebrates feeling connected to culture and community and having positive relationships with others that are safe, stable, and nurturing.
- Tools for Supporting Emotional Wellbeing in Children and Youthexternal iconexternal icon– In light of the challenges children have faced during the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Academies has developed a suite of free tools to help children and youth manage feelings of stress, anxiety, and sadness.
- What Are Childhood Mental Disorders?
- Hand Washing
- Healthy Pets Wash Your Paws
- Oral Health
- Sleep and Health
|School staff can give their best when they feel their best. That’s why school employee wellness programs are important. Watch this short video and talk with other school staff about starting an employee wellness program today.|