Professional Development and Follow-Up Support
Once a professional development event is completed, continued and targeted follow-up support should be conducted to strengthen the knowledge and skill level of participants. Follow-up support is intended to strengthen the transfer of learned strategies or skills so they will be retained and applied effectively.
The resources below include worksheets that can be used to facilitate the follow-up support process.
Description: This module is designed to help you develop an effective professional development training program. This module focuses on Follow-Up Support and provides a detailed overview of the professional development process. The module will describe the Follow-Up Support toolkit and the resources needed to develop a learning event.
This toolkit provides information and resources for follow-up support after the completion of a professional development event. The toolkit includes worksheets that can be used to facilitate the follow-up process.
- Professional Development Follow-Up Support Kitpdf icon [PDF – 229KB]
- Professional Development Practicespdf icon [PDF – 173KB]
- Professional Development Practices Inventorypdf icon [PDF – 207KB]
- Follow-up Support: Team Action Plan Templatepdf icon [PDF – 91KB]
- Follow-up Support: Technology Surveypdf icon [PDF – 90KB]
- Professional Development Follow-Up Support: The Continuumpdf icon [PDF – 250KB]
- Evaluation Distinctions pdf icon[PDF – 77KB]
- Guide for Follow-up Support Planningpdf icon [PDF – 107KB]
- Providing Follow-up Support: Guiding Questionspdf icon [PDF – 112KB]
- Online Professional Development Follow-Up Support Toolspdf icon [PDF – 138KB]