Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS)
2019 YRBS Results and Data Available Now
The Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) monitors six categories of health-related behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth and adults, including—
- Behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence
- Sexual behaviors related to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Tobacco use
- Unhealthy dietary behaviors
- Inadequate physical activity
YRBSS also measures the prevalence of obesity and asthma and other health-related behaviors plus sexual identity and sex of sexual contacts.
YRBSS is a system of surveys. It includes 1) a national school-based survey conducted by CDC and state, territorial, tribal, and 2) local surveys conducted by state, territorial, and local education and health agencies and tribal governments.
Explore 2019 YRBS national, state, and local school district data via tables and graphs.
- analytics icon
- globe solid icon
- cogs icon
- bullseye pointer icon
- file chart line solid icon
- table solid icon
- chart icon
- file alt icon
- comments solid icon