Funded School Health Partners
School-Based Interventions to Promote Equity and Improve Health, Academic Achievement, and Well-Being of Students (DP23-0002)
CDC Healthy Schools supports 20 cooperative agreement recipients in the implementation and evaluation of evidenced-based efforts to promote the health and well-being of school-age children and adolescents in underserved and disproportionately affected communities. Cooperative agreement recipients include state education and health agencies, universities, and a tribal nation. CDC provides them with technical assistance and develops specialized tools, recommendations, and resources to help in the work they do for school health.
Cooperative agreement recipients are using the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model to:
- Establish partnerships to support school health programs.
- Promote dissemination and implementation of CDC school health guidelines, tools, and resources through professional development and technical assistance.
- Make plans to implement physical activity, school nutrition, and school health policies, practices, programs, and services within state and local education agencies, schools, and out-of-school time settings.
The work is funded by a 5-year CDC cooperative agreement, “School-Based Interventions to Promote Equity and Improve Health, Academic Achievement, and Well-Being of Students (DP23-0002).”
Our funded school health partners are:
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Colorado State Board of Education
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Kentucky Department of Education
- Louisiana Division of Administration
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- New Mexico Department of Public Education
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Oregon Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Tennessee Department of Education
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- The Cherokee Nation
- University of Connecticut
- University of Hawaii
- Utah Department of Health and Human Services
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- West Virginia University Research Corporation