School Employee Wellness
Fostering the physical and mental health of school employees also helps to support students’ health and academic success. Every school employee, no matter the role they play, contributes to a school’s mission. School staff can give their best when they feel their best. School employee wellness programs can help.
Schools can provide an employee wellness program for staff that includes healthy eating and physical activity services. When staff model these healthy behaviors, they can reinforce them with students.
Additionally, supporting school employee wellness programs can
• Improve staff retention and productivity.
• Decrease employee absenteeism.
• Decrease employee health care costs.
- Gather data and information to determine the nutrition and physical activity needs of school staff members and assess the availability of existing school employee wellness activities and resources.
- Encourage administrative support for and staff involvement in school employee wellness.
- Develop, carry out, and evaluate healthy eating and physical activity programs for all school employees.
Watch this short video external iconto get inspired!
- CDC Tips for Promoting School Employee Wellness pdf icon[PDF – 511 KB] [PDF – 511 KB]
- CDC Worksite Health Promotion Tools and Resources
- CDC Worksite Wellness Scorecard
- Coping with Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic Resources
- Healthy School, Healthy Staff, Healthy Students: A Guide to Improving School Employee Wellness pdf icon[PDF-1.81MB]external icon
- How Right Now|Finding What Helpsexternal icon
- Staff Breakroom Makeoverexternal icon
- Staff Role Modeling
- Strategies for Supporting Teacher and Staff Mental Health and Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic