Unit 1: CDC Basics
This unit has information on the history of CDC, educational activities for the classroom that help introduce the topic of public health and epidemiology, the different career paths that can be taken to work at CDC, and opportunities offered to high school students in epidemiology and public health sciences (EPHS).
- Our History
- Career Paths to Public Health (CPP) – Resources for Teachers and Students (CPP)
- These materials introduce the future public health workforce to EPHS, to promote health literacy and to provide examples of how math and science are used every day to solve public health problems confronting our world.
- CDC Science Ambassador Fellowship
- A professional development opportunity for teachers to create educational activities for the classroom.
- Epidemiology – Infectious Disease Epidemiology Module
- Health Literacy Skills
- Teacher Roadmap
- CDC’s Teacher Roadmap is a collection of resources for educators wishing to teach classes, units or entire courses in EPHS.