Asthma Action Plan
People with Asthma Should Have an Asthma Action Plan
The goal of asthma self-management is to achieve better health through controlling and preventing asthma attacks. These tools for asthma control were created following the evidence-based guidelinesexternal icon published by the National Institutes of Health.
Asthma Action Plans
Every person with asthma needs to have a personalized Asthma Action Plan. Find the plan that works best for your needs.
Print and Fill Forms
These plans are easy to use. Select the one that is best for you, print a copy and fill in the information requested.
- Connecticut Department of Health Asthma Action Plans in PDF and Word formats. Includes Authorization for Administration of Medicine.external icon
- Maine Asthma Prevention and Control Program Action Management Plans in PDF and information to order NCR forms.external icon
- Minnesota Department of Health Asthma Action Plans in PDF (Child or Adult; English or Spanish).external icon
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Asthma Action Planexternal icon
- Utah Department of Health Asthma Action Plan.pdf icon[PDF – 151 KB]external icon
Open these forms online and fill in all the required information before you print them out.
- Pediatric/Adult Asthma Coalition of New Jersey Asthma Action Plans in English, Spanish, or English/Spanishexternal icon (links to electronic fillable forms are on the right side of page).
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers Asthma Action Plans providing a choice of three different plans by age of the person with asthma.external icon
Computer-based interactive plan
Follow these step-by-step instructions to create a customized Asthma Action Plan.
- Minnesota Department of Health’s interactive Asthma Action Plan is a computer-based program that uses information entered by the healthcare provider to create a personalized plan for each patient.external icon The plan lists daily and rescue medications with steps to take when asthma symptoms occur.