Some of the most common indoor asthma triggers include environmental tobacco smoke (secondhand smoke), dust mites, mold, cockroaches and other pests, and household pets. Visit these Web sites to learn about asthma triggers and how to reduce your exposure to them.
Learn about asthma and how you can control asthma triggers.
- Home Control of Asthma and Allergies
- Learn how you can control your asthma at home.
- Occupational Health Learn about work-related asthma and other breathing problems.
Our people at the National Center for Environmental Health are working to prevent illness, disability, and death from interactions between people and the environment.
- Air Pollution and Respiratory Health—Indoor Air PollutionThis site provides information and frequently asked questions from federal, state, and private resources about asthma and indoor and outdoor air pollution.
- MoldPeople with asthma may be more sensitive to mold. Mold can bring on symptoms of asthma or cause an asthma attack. This site provides basic facts about different kinds of mold and how to get rid of them.
Learn about work-related asthma and how to prevent asthma symptoms.
This federal agency informs people about the environment and develops and enforces regulations about the environment. Here you’ll find information about how you can control asthma triggers at home:
- Attack Asthma. Learn More.Did you know that things in the bath, blankets, or stuffed animals can trigger an asthma attack? Find out how to reduce common asthma triggers in your home.
- Clear Your Home of Asthma Triggers [PDF – 244 KB]This PDF file provides information on how to eliminate asthma triggers in the home and how to reduce symptoms in children.
- Indoor Environmental Asthma TriggersLearn how you can reduce common asthma triggers in the home and in other indoor environments.
- A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your HomeThis guide tells how to clean up mold problems and prevent mold growth in your home.
- Page last reviewed: April 24, 2009
- Page last updated: April 27, 2009
- Content source: